[kdenlive] Kdenlive website and brand logo?

Sam Muirhead sam at cameralibre.cc
Thu Mar 3 17:14:41 UTC 2016

Hi Farid,
I agree with the previous points about the dated iconography of the film
strip. The film strip must die!

I think it's a good starting point for a new look, stylistically the colours
and font are nice, though it's hard to imagine what a 16px or 48px icon
representation would look like.
Having some indication of 'audio' included is nice as it is such a large part
of modern video editing, and often neglected in less professional NLEs.
However, there might be a bit too much detail overall in the current image, I
look forward to see how it develops.

One thing that might be worthwhile integrating or playing with to see if it
fits is subtly building the K with a stylised 'rewind' symbol - for example,
this is the icon I made for .kdenlive projects to fit in with my icon theme:
http://www.cameralibre.cc/wp-content/uploads/kdenliveicon.png

That said, as much as I love the program I've always been embarrassed by the
name Kdenlive and would love for it to change at some stage, so maybe don't
get too attached to the K! :)

----Sam Muirhead
Open Source / Video
http://cameralibre.cc