[kdenlive] [GSOC] Porting to Windows, need help with projetc details

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Sun Mar 22 22:17:03 UTC 2015

Am Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 18.08:28 schrieb Klemen Ferjančič:

Morning Klemen

> I've already been warned about the KF version situation. If I understand
> correctly, Kdenlive is currently on KF4 but is in the process of being
> ported to KF5? I guess it could be problematic if KF5 branch is not in
> stable enough state for me.
> Can someone explain me what is the current situation with Kdenlive and KF?

A KF5 based version of Kdenlive will be released as part of KDE Applications
15.04 and thus in April and thus soon ;-). (damn, reminder to myself, should
start on release notes for 15.04 ;-).

In general KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5) or most of it should work on Windows too
(they're after all Qt Addons). And there is even work going on to extend our
KDE CI build infrastructure to Mac OSX and Windows. As I read tonight MacOSX
should already work.

> Are there any other dependencies which I should be worried about?

This is a question that Vincent and jb could answer.

Btw guys, what about a Kdenlive IRC meeting for all the GSoC interested
students?

> And perhaps a third question, is it possible to specify GSOC goals as
> "optional", meaning I would do them if there is some time left? The CI
> and packaging steps are really just something that would be very useful
> to do but it's not crucial to the porting. At this point I can't know
> how complicated the Windows build will turn out to be so my proposal
> could either be OK or too ambitious.

Yes, optional goals might make sense. And here a link that might interest you:
http://teom.org/blog/kde/how-to-write-a-kick-ass-proposal-for-google-summer-
of-code/

griits
Mario