[kdenlive] direct copy

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 21:42:46 UTC 2015

Le dimanche 11 janvier 2015, 18:36:46 f_cinc at gmx.com a écrit :
> Congratulations for kdenlive, it is a really good program.
> I wonder if there are any possibility of rendering direct stream without
> reencoding, like avidemux does. in order or avoid loosing quality.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Jordi from Catalonia

Hi Jordi,

Sorry for the very late reply,
Kdenlive is relying on MLT for all multimedia processing,
and it is not architectured for these direct renderings:
those are incompatible with any mixing or effect...
one can't target every use case.

You won't lose visible quality when you encode with
a good VBR quality setting, or a high CBR bitrate;
you just loose time vs avidemux method.

BR,

Vincent