[Kdenlive-devel] movit in kdenlive build script

Vincent PINON vincent.pinon at laposte.net
Mon Mar 17 17:44:24 UTC 2014

The days after Kdenlive+Movit was shown at fosdem, I have been trying to
import the functionality with a smoother transition : implementing a
soft check and disabling GLSL filters if unsupported... but I rapidly
went out of time and let this work near the idea state :-(
Movit integration as it is has impacts in many parts of the code (OpenGL
context everywhere a monitor/renderer is called), whereas in OpenShot
there is only a GLSL widget... the one JBM had imported in refactoring
branch last year! Would it be a good option ?
I think supporting lower end machines is still something to take into
account : on recent gadgets (Atom, ARM Chromebook) I still would like to
edit videos with my preferred sw! (up to who cares)

Anyhow, I see it as a very good thing that things change and go forward,
polishing can come on a good working basis.

BR to all,

Vincent