[Kdenlive-devel] Problem: Brightness changing when using still frames

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Feb 19 17:19:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Claus R. F. Overbeck
<claus.overbeck at abovo-it.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with inserting still frames in a video. The brightness
> of the frozen/still frame changes compared to the rest of the video.
> What I do is: Extract a frame from a clip. Than insert that frame as a
> still. The same happens when I use the original clip and the freeze
> effect. One can see this in the project preview but also in the rendered
> video. My problem seems to be very similar to this:
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=116531&sid=1ae1f924705dcf0755177a39731fea19
>
> I have placed a test project, that shows the issue, at
> http://overbeck-it.de/tmp/kdenlive-test.tgz
> When you play the project you can see changes in brightness. It also
> occurs in the rendered output.
>
> Is this a known issue and is there a workaround?
> I am trying to finish an urgent project and would hate to have to switch
> to a different software now but I really cannot live with the "blinking".
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Claus
>
> P.S.: I love kdenlive, thanks for the great work!

I do not have time to test this now, but please take a look at this
bug, which might be related:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mlt/bugs/204/

And here is a current 64-bit build you can test that includes the bug fix:

http://builds.meltytech.com/kdenlive/kdenlive-ubuntu12.04-x86_64-20140215.tar.bz2

P.S. You did not say anything about your OS and versions.