[kdenlive] building Kdenlive/KF5

Roger Morton ttguy1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 22:24:00 UTC 2014

>Probably not....proceed at your discretion.

Yeah. I have not proceeded. One issue which made me take pause was that
synaptic wants to uninstall a bunch of pacakges too when I propose
installing libkf5xmlgui-dev libkf5newstuff-dev libkf5notifyconfig-dev
libkf5plotting-dev
It want to uninstall
liboxideqt-qmlplugin, unity-webapps-common, unity-webapps-gmail,
unit-webapps-service, webapps-container, exul-ext-unity.

And I don't like the look of that proposal.

So I guess we have a problem here. My kdenlive build fails at Cmake:

CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads