[Kdenlive-devel] Let's make KDEnlive lives again together

Brian Matherly pez4brian at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 18:01:52 UTC 2013

>> I still think that anyone capable of adding features would be capable of
>> getting master working. Master does run - and it looks really great. There
>> are just some editing functions that need to get hooked back up.>
>You think that, so you will do it ?
>
>Do you launch master ?
>"just some editing functions" ? I saw that there is just 1 or two functions
>re-implemented.
>
>Even JB wrote that he will necessary several months until that all features
>implemented (and he knew very well kdenlive code)

Ha ha! Yeah, you got me there. I did run master after JB merged the refactor branch. I remember that the app started and I could play clips. I also remember that the UI looked really good. So maybe I built my own (possibly incorrect) assumption that there wasn't much work to get everything working.

But I haven't done my own assessment of the code - which is why I started my comments by asking if anyone else had assessed the code in master. Without an assessment of the code, nobody (except JB) will know how hard it will be to get it running.

Also, I am, unfortunately, not volunteering to get the refactoring all working. However, if someone else can hand out small, manageable tasks, I would be willing to take on some small tasks.

~BM