[Kdenlive-devel] New small developer

Henrikki Almusa henrikki.almusa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:50:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm a small time user of kdenlive. I have used it to do few reports of
miniature wargames. I have done 6 different videos at the moment. You
can find them from youtube (user henafoo) if interested.

For my coding background I use perl and bash and a bit of python in my
day job (bioinformatician). I have done work with c for emboss (a longer
time back), which is a sequence analysis package
(http://emboss.sourceforge.org). Also I have dabbled a bit with java.
I'm currently reading through a c++ book 'C++ Annotations' and was
interested in getting some real world understanding. Thus this lead me
to get kdenlive code and check out some bug reports. So I'm quite a
beginner with c++ as well as kdenlive code.

This all said, I saw a bug 3197 and decided to try to apply myself for
this, since the bug is so well described.

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=3197

The patch I created is attached, it is against the git master. It seems
to work as after this it does not crash and saves the screen grab (with
or without offsets). I don't have firewire possibility for testing.

I might have up to hour or two per week to do very simple bug hunting.
Is there a preferred way of submitting patches? I would certainly be
happy to learn more c++ so comments on this and/or hopefully future
patches are more than welcome.

Thanks,
--
Henrikki Almusa