[Kdenlive-devel] Collapsible effect stack

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:33:24 UTC 2012

On 03/20/2012 10:29 AM, jb wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Some time ago, I worked on a rewrite of the effect stack. The goal was to make
> it possible to view / change parameters for several effects in the same
> dialog, and also get prepared for more more advanced stuff like effect
> grouping / effect masks.
>
> I just updated this work and it seems to work. You can see a screenshot of the
> current and new widget here:
>
> http://kdenlive.org/images/tmp/effectstack.jpg
>
> This work is available in the "effectstack" branch, but looks like nobody has
> tested it yet, so I was thinking about merging into master.
>
> Any thoughts, questions, comments?

Looks great!
One comment before I want to work with it: The Scroll wheel should only
scroll and not change any of the UI elements (combo box, sliders). Maybe
the values can be changed with shift+wheel?

And when I'm already talking about the scroll wheel, I'm voting for
inverting its behaviour in the timeline. Scrolling down actually scrolls
back in the timeline which is the opposite order as in documents.

Simon