[Kdenlive-devel] svn: audio editing messed up

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:29:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 01:23 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:

>>> I cannot reproduce myself. About multiple references, I am aware of issues
>>> with transitions using the same producer, that is why in Kdenlive we use a
>>> different producer id for each track. For example if you put the same clip
>>> twice on track 2, it will be the same producer id, but if you place the same
>>> clip on track 2 and 3, it will be 2 different producers.
>>>
>>> I was not aware of issues using the same producer on one track. Means we
>>> cannot cut a clip without having issues? Seems strange to me since nobody ever
>>> complained.
>>>
>>> Can you send me a copy of a project showing the issue?
>>>

>> I will investigate some more on the problem to see if was recent
>> regression and why exactly the problem occurs.
>>
> I'm now not sure there is a problem.
>
> Originally, I dragged a clip to a video timeline. No waveform showed on
> the video timeline. Then I dragged the clip to an audio timeline. (BTW,
> why doesn't a stereo clip take 2 audio timelines?). I was messing with
> the audio timeline.
>
> I think my problem was that the audio was also in the video timeline, so
> changing the audio had no effect: the audio in the video timeline was
> playing, even though the audio timeline was reduced/faded.
>
> sean
Now that I am doing some serious editing with Kdenlive 0.8, I'm seeing
something similar, but not sure if it's related.

I have an ogg in the audio timeline, I can shorten it, but fade out
does not work correctly. It reverts back to 100% volume for the last
second. I have tried keyframable volume as well, with a similar
effect: 100% volume on the last second, even when extending the audio
clip and putting the audio level to 0% for that time. Cutting off the
last second just moves the 100% volume bit to the last second of the
shorter clip.

I am now doing a test render to see if it shows up in the rendered
video. I am using video from a Canon 550D, so it's a bit big to send
in....

Kind regards,
-Evert-