[Kdenlive-devel] Light Graffiti

Gabriel Gazzán gabcorreo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:53:44 UTC 2011

Don't worry Simon, I prefer to translate as soon as a string is available, I
don't care much if it goes through a change later. My objective is to always
maintain trunk as close to 100% translated as possible.

Tonight I already commited a first translation that I "think" it's not that
bad. But just to make sure:

My doubts arise because I don't fully understand the concept behind the
effect.
I know there is a "background image" involved, and I think the effect uses
highlights in it to draw the graffiti?, with several properties to control
how the effect behaves.

This string is the most obscure:
*"Strength of the (calculated) background image. Setting it to 100 paints
the light mask directly over the background, without any person in the image
if the video starts with a «clean» background image."*
in it this are the concepts that make me think I don't fully understand what
the effect does:
"*the (calculated) background image*" calculated is the disturbing word here
:)
"*light mask" is not an easy concept to catch (but not necessarily a hard
one to translate).*
"*without any person in the image*" person? why person and not somethind
more generic as element or subject? makes me think [?]
"*video starts with a «clean» background image*" I have the impression that
the first frame of the background video is taken as something special?

Besides that, in the Merry Xmas video, how did you create the letters
animation?

Thanks for developing in first place, and for taking the time to answer!

Greetings