[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Simon Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:07:48 UTC 2011

I think we could drop both the reset button (e.g. modifier + mouse
button) and the radio button (click on a slider to select it, as in
the screenshot shown by jb).

I find it hard to interpret colors as relative numbers (regarding
background color). And I always want to see the relative value, not
only when dragging.
http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-slider-colors.png
Though the advantage is that it does not take much space. But on the
other hand I find tiny sliders generally a nuisance, or, to put it
differently, big sliders are much more comfortable to work with.
Better precision, better visualization of the current value.

But couldn't we optimize the Effect Stack widget as well? Take a look
at the screenshot above; Half of the space is empty.
I did a quick sketch, which took about 100 times as long as it should
have because of the packed unintuitivity in GIMP:
http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-effect-stack.png
* Effect Stack list moved to the top, taking only as much room as required
* Arrow indicating which effect is applied first
* Reset icon and Radiobuttons removed
* Parameters can flow side-by-side
Original image:
http://granjow.net/uploads/kdenlive/kdenlive-effect-stack-original.png