[Kdenlive-devel] Questions about audio effects

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Sep 1 07:39:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

> The underlying mlt filter does accept a dB value, but I just had to
> commit a change to let it accept negative values for db. However, if
> we change it, then existing projects will have insane dB values
> without doing some document conversion stuff, for which I think we are
> out-of-time (I do not know anything about that).

I was just editing normalise to use dB when I realized MLT requires
that you suffix the value with "dB" otherwise it is interpreted as
float (%), but Kdenlive effects XML system has no way to add that
suffix. (It has a suffix it can display as a label in UI, but that is
not added to the value passed to MLT.)

--
+-DRD-+