[Kdenlive-devel] Self packaged video files

John T. Mertz thatonefilmguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:24:38 UTC 2010

Very nice :) thanks for the reference. So that strikes at least one
item off the list.

Regarding that thread: am I understanding correctly then that kdenlive
stores md5 hashes for every file you import? I would expect this to be
a performance issue for big projects. For example, editing a 2-hour 5
camera production or similar. Especially in HD, you would end up with
huge files which generating hashes on would not be very efficient, and
hashing only the start/end of the file would not be very accurate
either since you could end up with a huge portion of clips unchecked.
It wasn't clear in the thread what the final resolution was, though it
sounded like a hash IS generated.

JTM

--
Sent from my mobile device