[Kdenlive-devel] Levels effect rocks!

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Fri Aug 27 11:10:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 05:57:19AM +0100, jb wrote:
> On Friday 27 August 2010 04.11:55 Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:24:47PM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> > > I have two very small gripes: I need to add multiple levels effects if I
> > > need to adjust a number of channels. Would be nice to have them all in
> > > one effect. And now that the effect is there, I have the urge to fix all
> > > clips with bad camera or settings, and a shortcut for the effect would
> > > be nice, maybe five recently used effects in the clip menu.
> >
> > Umm, how to remove the levels histogram from the rendered output?
>
> In the level effect settings, you have a checkbox "Show histogram".
>  Disable it to hide the histogram.
>
> Hint: if you have a large project with lots of level effects, just open the
> .kdenlive project file in a text editor and replace all occurences of:
>
> <property name="Show histogram">1</property>
>
> with:
>
> <property name="Show histogram">0</property>

This was handy, thanks.

> I just changed the default to disabled because I agree that it is not an
> expected behaviour to have the histogram shown in rendered clip. Also, we now
> have the Histogram widget that shows that info outside of the monitor.

The histogram in preview monitor is handy. At least I don't have the screen
space for other multiple kdenlive monitors. Would be great to have it in
preview monitor by default but not exported when renreding, by default.

By the way, what Linux video player can also show live a live histogram?

I maily use mplayer from command line and file browser but a histogram view
would be great when going through a bunch of raw footage. Naturally my
cheapo video cameras don't show this either.

-Mikko