[Kdenlive-devel] mlt on OS X issues

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Sep 2 05:21:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM, john malkovich<jhnmlkvch9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This was the problem. Once I started kdeinit4.app kdenlive started up.
>
> Even though open -a xxxx didn't work, Open kdenlive.app did.

congratulations!

> I'll start playing with the app now! I'm a little disappointed I can't
> capture in OS X, but there is plenty to explore for now.

Capture, in general, is very platform-specific technology. So, that
functionality is a long ways off unfortunately.

> Let me know if you want me to test any part of the app. I'll be glad to do
> it.

Right now, I know there is some general instability, and I am working
on it. However, there is one thing that I can not reproduce that
another kdenlive developer reported. Just add a clip to the Project
tree,  add it to the timeline, and then see if it plays for you. Also,
see if the monitor updates by just scrubbing/seeking. Choose a format
that we know works rather well now like DV or something based on
MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 (including H.264). It works for me - for Marco, it
does not.