[Kdenlive-devel] MLT SVN IS FUBAR

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri May 15 16:57:25 UTC 2009

Last night I tried to push the extreme MLT makeover to the SourceForge
Subversion repository from my git-svn tree. However, git-svn failed
big time and left a disaster in my working copy. During the makeover,
I did a technique to merge my mlt++ git repo into my mlt git repo in
order to keep the mlt++ revision history. This caused git-svn to
attempt to replay the entire history of mlt++ within the mlt folder of
SVN! At first, this seemed scary, but git-svn was chugging along fine.
Of course, murphy's law[1] proved itself once again, and it failed
leaving my tree in some dirty interim state. If I stash away the
changes in my tree, then git-svn thinks it has no more work to do, but
it obviously does. Repairing this is now way beyond me. I could
probably delete the mlt folder in svn and recreate it from the tip of
the git repo, but then I think I have little hope of continuing to
keep these in sync with git-svn.

In short, I am quite happy with git now, you must clone from
git://mltframework.org/mlt.git, and I am abandoning SF.net SVN. To
prevent further confusion, I will delete the contents of the mlt
folder off trunk and just add a note to tell people to use the git
repo.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law
--
+-DRD-+