[Kdenlive-devel] Text editor feedback

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Mon Jun 29 13:49:43 UTC 2009

Am Montag 29 Juni 2009 14:50:40 schrieb Jean-Michel Pouré:
> Dear friends,
>
> I had a look at the text editor:
> * Text colour icon is not obvious. Could be a larger rectangle as in
> Gimp.
> * Text width and hight is difficult to modify. I did not understand how
> to modify it. How can it be modified?
> * Text widget SimpleOperations should be in two words.
>
> Would it be possible to use Scribus as a text editor? Any solution to
> embed sla files?

Yeah, the text editor is far from perfect, but embedding a whole desktop
publishing program into a video editor? Isn't that way too overkill?
OTOH I don't think that Scribus would be a good choice anyway. I've never
heard that Scribus is written with embedding in mind.
If you want to embed another app, then KOffice is probably a better choice.
Not only is the app size smaller, KOffice2's "Flake Shape" feature is designed
to be embedded -- in fact, that's the sole purpose of it. Check
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Flake