[Kdenlive-devel] off-line video editing

Slavko Glamočanin slavko at glamocanin.net
Wed Jun 24 07:49:53 UTC 2009

JMP,
interesting opinion, but note that you are looking at performance enhancing
instead of features.

"Professionals" would probably much rather have a normal color grader,
non-crashing while moving video, a LOT of tiny details that other
aplications perfected during the years, not to mention TGA (yes, pictures)
or advanced exports instead of faster compositing.

The places i know to be "pro" usualy have rendering farms and such and dont
really care that much about speed on a single computer. Also for example if
you run Eyeon Fusion software and notice its export formats list... its
almost as big as the ffmpeg codec list:)

I was actually hoping to get some comment from the people that know the
kdenlive internals better what are the posibilties of:
- in gui clip replacing
- tga export
- goodness, maybe even a series of TGA images treated as video.

Belive me, THAT would open a couple of doors. Exporting to TGA, even batch
processing in the gimp if else fails, and reimporting is VERY powerful.

Feedback appriciated.

BR,
Slavko

p.s.
the AAF seems a bit dated, legacy filled and committee ridden.