[Kdenlive-devel] New Icon?

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Wed Apr 29 10:44:18 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 29 April 2009 11:25:49 schrieb Jean-Michel Pouré:

> The claperboard is a registered logo from one or several companies. The
> clapper board is the official logo from Final Cut Pro. A registered logo
> is a like a trademark.
>
> Why would you want Kdenlive into trouble just because you spent a couple
> of hours on this logo and don't understand the principles of law?

I really think that you are overreacting. Cinephiliac's design as well as my
mock-up are very different from FinalCut's icon. You are probably confusing
something. A registered logo does not mean that every graphic containing a
clapperboard suddenly becomes illegal. It has to closely resemble the
registered logo, which neither does.

The only real issue is usability. To have an icon that looks very similar to
the one from Kino is confusing. So a single black clapperboard is bad.