[Kdenlive-devel] Whats the status for support for old (v 0.5) project files in the KDE4 branch?

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Thu Oct 16 09:38:40 UTC 2008

torsdag 16 Oktober 2008 skrev jb at kdenlive.org:

> Support for 0.5 project files will not be perfect since some effects (like
speed) are working differently in the 0.7 version, but otherwise, Kdenlive
should be able to open your project sucessfully.

> I recently made tests with a simple 0.5 project file and markers and text
clips were successfully opened. I will try to check that again this week-end.

OK.

I have a project file for a 10 minute project, about 90 cuts, I think. Assets
consist of a mix of PAL DV files, NTSC-like avi from Headcam, various stills,
text clips. Very few transitions, no speed stuff. I think the footprint of
the assets is about 3 GB.

As mentioned, the one marker in it makes it crash. Removing that, changes to a
different crash.

Both crashes are because vars are used without having been constructed.

I will create bugs for these issues, and try to provide enough information to
resolve them.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

Philosopher's syndrome: mistaking a failure of imagination for an insight
into necessity.
      - Daniel Dennett (could also be said of others than philosphers)