[Kdenlive-devel] relative paths in project files

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:17:55 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 11:52:53 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2008 07:55:12 opensourcecat wrote:
> > Sebas have just updated nepomuk's documentation:
> >
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk
> >
> > Have a look if you are interested
>
> thanks! unfortunately nepomuk isn't yet mature enough on this side...
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/FileWatchSer
>vice
>
> > The File Watch service monitors the file system for changes. If files are
> > deleted, the corresponding metadata is removed from the Nepomuk store. If
> > files are moved, the URIs (file resources always have their file URL as
> > RDF resource URI) and the file path are updated.
> > However: due to the restrictions of all file watching systems available
> > (systems such as inotify are restricted to 8000 something watches, fam
> > does not support file moving monitoring, etc.) the service mostly relies
> > on KDirNotify. Thus, all operations performed by KDE applications through
> > KIO are monitored while all other operations (such as console commands)
> > are missed.
>
> however we could use it and refer to md5 hash when the url breaks,
> correcting nepomuk resource and kdenlive project at the same time...

i've asked to sebastian trueg (nepomuk developer) how this could work, and got
some useful info. i'll write a patch to support this, but it requires code
from kde 4.2... obviously i'll check the existence of the new class... just
waiting for kde 4.2 beta1 to be in the freebsd ports...
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>