[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.1 Roadmap. Was: Re: Mantis update following the release of Kdenlive 0.7

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Nov 17 20:20:09 UTC 2008

fredag 14 November 2008 skrev jb:
> On Wednesday 12 November 2008 23.41:55 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > Personally, I think, that in order to keep momentum, the release cycle
> > should be rather short. Perhaps aim for a Christmas release of 0.7.1?
>
> Yes, I agree that a short release cycle would be great. Christmas seems very
> reasonable for a 0.7.1 release.

Christmas it is then! :-)

I have updated some bugs - please consult
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/roadmap_page.php
for details. Below are some comments on some specific issues

(Note, that I am behind on the svn commits, so some of these bugs may have
already been fixed in SVN - I will get around to it).

> * "Sticky" transitions: allow user to "attach" a transition to a clip, then
> the transition will move with the clip. Detaching transition would also be
> possible

I can't find this one? Do I need to create an issue for this?

> * Implement the Project folder stuff (store all files relative to a project
in
> the project folder)

Is this: 275: Create a folder for each Kdenlive project to store thumbs(audio
& video) and titles
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=275

> * Improve keyframe support (maybe add a keyframe editor), make all frei0r
> effects keyframable
> http://www.kdenlive.org:80/mantis/view.php?id=273

273 is something else. I have set 270 and 289 for 0.7.1. I am very much in
doubt about 289. Or is this 336 ???

270: Feature Request: keyframe editor for effects like volume
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=270)

289: Feature request : MLT and kdenlive support for keyframes, as independant
objects (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=289)

336: Keyframe for Every Video and Audio Effect variable in the effects stack
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=336)

> * Spacer tool
> http://www.kdenlive.org:80/mantis/view.php?id=271

I have kept 188, as I think the remainder of this issue is related to 271.

188: changing clip speed is faulty/unintuitive
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=188)

> And of course fiy as many bugs as possible. That's a rather long list, so
> depending on the progress the last two items may be postponed

Upon my suggestion, issue 119 was postponed from 0.7.0 to 0.7.1. I have taken
the liberty to keep it for 0.7.1:

119: Same Clip Name, but diffierent content =>Content in Timeline doesnt
changed (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=119)

I have also kept the following three issues that seems trivial:

317: Add default shortcut keys to select Razor tool/Select tool
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=317)

328: Timeline Zoom In/Out keyboard shortcuts
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=328)

346 has a patch from mandriva packager and seems trivial.
346: kdenlive 0.7 acturally uses avcodec, but to find avformat
(http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=346)

This leaves 14 issues for 0.7.1 - I hope this is OK, otherwise let me know, I
will remove what you dislike.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as The Dark Ages.
        - Ruth Hurmence Green (The Born Again Skeptic's Guide to the Bible)