[Kdenlive-devel] Last change before release...

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Thu Nov 13 07:00:11 UTC 2008

Le mardi 11 novembre 2008 à 18:47 +0100, jb a écrit :
> Is that ok for you ?
>
> jmpoure, are you planning to do some more profiles update before the
> release ?

Dear JB,

Sorry, I was away from my email and connecter to Mantis. Filtering
export profiles is a good solution, before more work is being done.

Some remarks:
1) When working on 15fps media, I noticed that some export profiles were
empty. For example DVD, HDV, etc ... This is quite confusing for users.
We should better hide export categories when empty.

2) The expression "Show experimental formats" (or whatever) is confusing
for users (not for us). Maybe Dan, a native English speaker, could help
us find a better expression. IMHO, I would prefer "Show downgraded
resolutions" or "Show all resolutions" or "Allow downgraded exports to
other resolutions". If possible, apply back to 0.7.0 branch.

3) If there is a way to show ffmpeg/inigo rendering errors, it would be
nice. Maybe for 0.7.1?

For 0.7.1, I plan to apply avidemux defaut export parameters, which are
usually very well tuned. This is a tedious work to understand ffmpeg
parameters, so this wron't be before 0.7.1.

Maybe some part of avdemux-qt could be reused ... I will get in contact
with avidemux to discuss possible collaboration.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel