[Kdenlive-devel] Build error

Jared Henley jared.henley at gmail.com
Tue May 6 05:15:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm still trying to build kdenlive from svn source, without success.  I'm
not using the build script (although I've tried, and it seems to fail
worse), rather I'm building an ArchLinux package, basing my PKGBUILD file on
one I found on the ArchLinux site for kdenlive 0.6-svn (svn number 1727).

The package building script does this:

  rm -rf $startdir/src/*

  . /etc/profile.d/qt3.sh
  . /etc/profile.d/kde.sh
  cd $startdir/src/
  svn co $_svntrunk --config-dir ./ -r $pkgver
  cd kdenlive
  source /etc/profile.d/kde.sh
  cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/kde .
  make -j2 || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install

The subversion checkout I get is 2167, and I'm building against svn head
checkouts of MLT and MLT++ from last week.

After 41% i get a big slab of warnings, and this error:

/home/j/dev/pkgs/kdenlive/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/effect.h: At global scope:
/home/j/dev/pkgs/kdenlive/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/effect.h:39: error: multiple
parameters named 'id'

This doesn't look like a dependency problem to me.  Should I be using a
specific version of gcc or some other tool?  Or can I expect that a lot of
svn revisions won't build?  Because I haven't yet found a subversion
revision that actually builds.

Thanks,

Jared.