[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive live CDs

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Dec 19 20:36:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 21:29 +0100, Javier Agustìn Fernàndez Arroyo
wrote:
> i think that, if the main purpose of the LiveCD is to allow users to
> test kndenlive, you shouldnt add gnome, as kdenlive is built to work
> in KDE. that could be a waste of space.....   but i would add, for
> example, k3b (to burrn videos made with kdenlive :P), VLC (to view
> them).....

There will be different CD, one with Gnome, another with KDE. I used to
run KDE2 before I migrated to Gnome. So I would like people to be able
to test the two operating systems. So there will be four different
flavours. If it was my personal choice, I would only provide Gnome. But
most users here should be running KDE4. So there will be food for
everyone.

Thanks for the viewer notice, I had forgotten it ... totem-xine and vlc?

Bye. Jean-Michel