[Kdenlive-devel] Website changes

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Dec 12 09:00:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 03:17 -0500, Cinephiliac wrote:

> Screencapture of currrent template with new icon:
> http://projects.zeno.thinkhost.com/kdenlive/Newlogo_Screengrab.png

This logo is nice and fits well in the web,
but I am not in favour of using it.

My reasons (personal):

* A logo should be easy to identify. Presently your logo looks like
avidemux and Kino. The fact that it looks exactly like Kino is blocking.
User choosing from a menu may lauch Kino.

* Your logo looks very much like Final Cut pro. I searched "Final Cut
pro logo" on Google images. I think FCP logo is a registered trademark.
We may be suited for legal reasons, which is ***very*** blocking.

* The existing Kdenlive logo is very well stylized. I had great feedback
from web developers when discussing about it. Other Logo I like: F-Spot,
Iceweasel, qJack, Audacity, etc ...

If you or anyone comes up with another logo, at any moment we may decide
to switch to a newer logo. In the present situation, I am not,
personaly, in favour of switching to a new logo.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel