[Kdenlive-devel] Only the first few seconds of the DVD play

lists.jjorge at free.fr lists.jjorge at free.fr
Fri Oct 26 13:11:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:01:48 +0100, Kevin Donnelly <kevin at dotmon.com> wrote:
> ...The problem is that when we burn it
> DVD-R and put it in a DVD-player, the menu loads, clicking this starts the
> main feature, but only 2-3 seconds of it play.  Then it goes back to the
> menu.

How many players have you tried? As you said software players (Xine?) play it well, did you play it as a file or as a real DVD with the menu?
Maybe default DVD parameters of Kdenlive are too extreme to real DVD players? As you see, ,this is a good questions for developpers ;-)

> The second query I have is about replacing the soundtrack (which has noise
> and
> other bloopers on it).  What sort of process do people on the list use?  I
> was thinking of setting up a mixer to play the existing audio, then switch
> that to mute the audio and play the video again while recording into
> audacity.  Is that the best way to approach things?  sorry if this is
> obvious
> to you, but I'm a beginner in this field!

I did something similar to a stopmotion movie, except there was no soundtrack in the slides ;-)
I rendered the whole movie muted ( you have a sound effect for that in Kdenlive).
Then played it with audacity recording a microphone. Then cut the wav files, imported them as clips in Kdenlive, and placed them the best I could do.

If you want to check :

http://jjorge.free.fr/mathilde/video/mirabelle_et_le_papillon/