[Kdenlive-devel] Wikibook in French

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed May 16 17:17:36 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 11:31 pm, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> > Hi everyone. Sorry for my silence in the past month, but changed job and
> > home, so had not much time. Hope to start working again on Kdenlive soon.
>
> Dear JB,
>
> I hope that you have a nice job & home.
> Still living in Switzerland?
>
> I wanted to ask you a question about HDV editing (AVCHD).

AVCHD is not HDV. HDV is MPEG-2 video inside MPEG-2 Transport Stream. AVCHD is
MPEG-4 part 10 (H.264) video, also in MPEG2-TS. AVCHD is pretty much
uncharted territory in Free Software. ffmpeg's ts demuxer and h.264 decoder
are not prepared to handle the unique features used in this format.

> For my project "Les super-héros de l'immobilier",
> we may buy a new Panasonic HDV cam.
>
> Do you think it is supported :
> http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84&p=263#p263

No, it is not "supported." Be prepared to do some hacking.