[Kdenlive-devel] custom ffmpeg parameters question

Harry van der Wolf harryvanderwolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 19 17:44:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I can't say anything about the quality, but I can give a little hint on
size.
Avidemux defaults for DVD with mpeg mp2 audio output with 192 KBps bitrate.
Kdenlive, using ffmpeg, and ffmpeg itself (using -target pal-dvd or
-target dvd) use AC3 448 KBps output rate. This will give a substantial
difference in file size especially in smaller mpg's.
If you open the files in avidemux, take a look in the audio/video file
information and see what is said about the audio codec and bitrate.

Kind regards,
Harry