[Kdenlive-devel] Wiki on wikibooks

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Mar 4 06:10:37 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 07:10, Zsolt Sandor wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I found wiki.kde.org very complicated and dumb, so, i checked the
> wikibooks. I found it much better, than the kde's wiki, so i uploaded
> the Kdenlive book to wikibooks.
>
> You can check it at:
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive

wikibooks.org's books can not be exported back to docbook in order for
kdenlive to produce it's online help in standard KDE fashion. How will the
books edited on wikibooks be made available for distribution with kdenlive?

For Kino, I have used DocBook Wiki (http://doc-book.sf.net/) which can output
a complete docbook XML with images in a tarball as well as HTML. Also, it
supports translations, but it has a fatal flaw of currently only supporting
ISO 8859-1 instead of UTF-8 limiting its range. Also, there has been some
overhead in supporting and dealing with bugs in the web app myself, but it's
mostly working smooth now.

I am not sure which approach is better, but I am interested in hearing your
answer to the above question.