[Kdenlive-devel] usefull (IMHO) feature suggestion

jb jb at ader.ch
Sun Jun 17 17:30:00 UTC 2007

On Sunday 17 June 2007 19.03:44 Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm experiencing lots of problems in finding a video codec that kdenlive
> can import for sure. Usually i encode every video i want to import to
> kdenlive with transocode using ffmpeg's mp4 codec. it seems to work ok but
> not for every video. It's pretty strange because if i encode with the same
> codec 2 different videos kdenlive should be able to import both without
> problems, isn't it?

Hmm, maybe if you could send me or give a link to a short video sample that
doesn't work in Kdenlive we could find a fix. I would rather try to make
those samples work in Kdenlive, because converting video can really be a
hell. There are so many video / audio formats and parameters to adjust if you
want a good conversion that I don't think I can make a reliable conversion
wizard. Not sure anyways what the "best" format would be (maybe dv?).

regards
jb