[Kdenlive-devel] Moving kdenlive project

wayne iw at ukulele.com
Mon Jan 1 22:10:26 UTC 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 9:09 am, jb wrote:

> On Monday 01 January 2007 19:24, wayne wrote:
> > I'm trying to move my project to a faster computer but am having
> > problems. How does one move a project from one computer to another?
> > Kdenlive keeps crashing whenever I try to open a project that has been
> > moved from the original computer. I've set up the file tree in the new
> > computer to match the old one but that doesn't seem to work. The CLI
> > error messages keep saying that they can't locate such and such a
> > video clip even though it's the same clip in the same directory (same
> > directory name) as before. I must be overlooking something. Is there
> > an easy way to do this?
>
> If Kdenlive does not find a clip in your project, it should ask you for
> a new location and not crash... Are you sure that Kdenlive works
> correctly on your new computer ? Can you create a new project and add
> one of the clips that was in your older project without problem ?

Kdenlive does not ask for a new location. It just crashes before it can be
loaded.

I can create a new project and add the original clips to that project and
it works fine.

> Do you have any special characters (accents, spaces, ...) in the name or
> path of your clips ?

No, I don't have any special characters.

When I try to load the old project, here is what happens:

kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3305.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3305.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3306.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3306.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3321.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3321.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3322.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3322.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3323.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3323.avi
kdenlive: WARNING: Got a request for a changed clip that is not in the
document : mvi_3327.avi
kdenlive: *** DOCUMENT adding clip: mvi_3327.avi
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...

The .avi clips are the same ones (with same names) as in the original
project.

Wayne