[Kdenlive-devel] driver problems

Harry van der Wolf harryvanderwolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 26 15:09:08 UTC 2007

Koray Löker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with Kdenlive on an i810 powered linux box...
> With a nvidia card and nvidia drivers there are no problems at all, also with
> Vesa driver on intel machine, it works...
>
> However with i810 driver the footage freezes...
>
> Is there any intel graphic card user has an idea about this?
>
> I'm getting the error code below when it freezes...
>
> Xerror: BadAlloc (Insufficient resources for operation) 11
>   Major opcode: 140
>   Minor opcode: 19
>   Resource ID: 0x5c

This is related to bug #4229
(https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/totem/+bug/4229). You
should make some changes to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

You have to use sudo in order to edit the xorg.conf file:sudo kate
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Add the lines to Section "Device"...
It should look something like this:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device"
Driver "i810"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
Option "VideoRam" "65536"   <= Set correct amount of mem
Option "CacheLines" "1980"   <= Add this line too
EndSection

Note: To avoid further misunderstandings; this solution is hardware
specific! It works on a system, which has an Intel Integrated Graphics
Device with 64Mb of shared memory and using the i810 driver. If your
amount of memory is different from the above mentioned example change it
to your cards specs.

Note2: I do not have an Intel based pc. All my pc's are NVidia based. I
remembered having seen this on the Ubuntu forums.

Success,
 Harry