[Kdenlive-devel] Keep original DV timecode where it possible

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Oct 4 14:48:41 UTC 2006

varokan wrote:
> Ruslan Popov wrote:
>
>> Some time ago I asked to realize the ability to keep original DV
>> timecode while doing DV export with Kdenlive. Is it possible?
>> I need time code! I use it to create timecode subtitle for my DVDs.

I had a look at it and managed to patch mlt so that it is aware of DV
timecode (but currently only works with libdv, not sure if it is as easy
with libavformat).

So this would make it possible to add scene detection like kino has.

If that is useful, I think it would also be quite easy to create an MLT
filter that overlays the timecode on the image.

Finally, it should also be possible to tweak consumer_libdv so that it
writes back the original timecode.

Currently, the biggest problem is that there are lots of cool features
that need / can be implemented, but I will never find time to do it all
alone.

I started a wiki page listing the wanted features. Please add features
and details on it.

http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wanted_Features

jb