[Kdenlive-devel] Feature request : project folder

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Tue Nov 14 15:23:51 UTC 2006

Dear friends,

I would like to ask advice and/or propose a feature.

I would like to store Kdenlive projects on an SVN server.
The audio/video/images files will also be stored on an SVN server.

The idea is that I may split a 52 minutes film into 5 part.

I would like to create a Westley file for each part.
And then mix them in the resulting film.

The question : presently, Kdenlive will force me to create a new project
for each Westley file. The folder is mainly for temporary files. But are
temporary files needed when working over the internet?

Requested features (correct me if I am wrong):

1) Would it be more convinient for Kdenlive to store temporary files in
a hidden folder. So that we may not share them.
2) Would it be possible to store a Kdenlive project file anywhere?
3) Could we possibly use relative paths inside Kdenlive project file?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré