[Kdenlive-devel] capturing

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 25 00:19:58 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 10:21, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it would be helpful to choose 'what' should be captured ... I mean,
> sometimes I need all footage from the camcorder (video and audio l/r), but
> sometimes just video only, or audio l/r only, or video and just left audio,
> .... ah ... and sometimes just a frame.

That is not an option. audio and video are entangled in a DV frame. Also you
are free to discard/modify any audio channel later on in the editing process.

capturing a fingle frame is possible but I think we should not clutter the
capture window. You can always cut out a single frame in the editing process.

I would preferr to have a tape analysis to identify recordings on the tape an
a possibility to select some of these to 'batch capturing'. Unfortunately I
don't kow how to identify a new recording in fast forward play. And in normal
play it doesn't make sense.

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky