[Kdenlive-devel] capturing

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 24 00:57:21 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 15:02, Jason Wood wrote:
> Well, for example some of the things that we would want on the capture
> monitor that would not be on the clip/workspace monitors :
>
> * A record button :-)
> * A text box where you can type a description of the clip you are about to
> capture.
> * Some things on a normal monitor (snap markers, for example) will not be
> appropriate on a record monitor.

During normal capturing, piave can detect the beginning of new scenes. So
there might be a "split at new scene" button. Somewhere in the 'renderer
setup' one might want to ad a textbox with a rule for creating filenames,
like "/mybigdisk/video/tmp/capture-%i.dv"   so people can define where their
captured video goes. piave is not supposed to know about user preferences.

Cheers, Rolf

PS:  the feature relies on the information piave get's from the camera. I
experienced wrong info with my camcorder, so piave did either not split where
it should, or did split where it shouldn't. However, since MovieDV under
windows makes the same mistakes I think we have to live with this. I will
check back with dvgrab and see if they have any smart logic to improve the
scene detection. I am thinking of checking frame timestamps to detect cases
where  a frame has a 'new recording' tag, but the timestamp suggests
otherwise. But all that does not have a high priority.

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky