Join projects? -- was -- Re: [Kdenlive-devel] AVI support

qdvdauthor qdvdauthor at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 19 11:41:21 UTC 2004

I agree with Jason,

there is a certain goal that you set yourself. And following the UNIX
tradition, to build simple tools (if you can speak of simple in this
regard) which is very flexible and powerfull and can be combined easily
with other tools.

I think it is somewhat comparable with KOffice vs the gnome office
suite. It is nice to that all application have the same look and feel
and interopperate with each other. But each application is and can be
used independand of each other. So is kdenlive and QDVDAuthor. You can
use both seperately and have two powerfull tools (I hope) or you can
cludge all into one GUI (style) only to have ALL functions possibly ever
needed. Think about the 80% of MSOffice functionality which no normal
person will ever touch.

But hey maybe we can bundle both apps and ask for 29,- pounds ;o)

Of course, where it makes sense to put functions i one or the other
application we'll do so.

And just as Jason said I am more then willing to help any one out who
wants to create a combined application based on the current available
code. The more variety, the better IMHO.

Cheers ...

Varol Okan :)