[Kdenlive-devel] Export timeline progress dialog box...

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Wed Jun 25 14:29:09 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 15:23, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > > 1) shared memory
>
> Speed by not easy to use.
>
> > > 2) pipes
>
> yes
>
> > > 3) link kdenlive agains libpiave
>
> The best for a local running, I think.

I totally agree, but I don't think Jason wants to link kdenlive against
anything than KDE.
I will start with a named FIFO. for the first iteration of img-passing that
will probably be good enough. If we start passing to many imgs around we'll
have to look into shmem.

> PNG for 3 points :
>
> - free and GPL.
> - easily usable with Qt.
> - fast and not really big for video size.

well, I think, plain RGB will do as a first start. I guess time (as in
packing/unpacking PNG) is a more valuable resource than memory (which is
worse in plain RGB).

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de