[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 19:54:35 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 Jan 2003 7:20 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 08:12 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > Now, kdenlive should not create an XWindow without
> > knowing the aspect ratio of the target format.
>
> Hmm... thinking of that... I think that it might make more sense, if piave
> just adjusts the size of the window to the aspect of the input file. The we
> could move the specification of the target size/aspect to the scenelist
> specification....

Ok, after answer your previous post with words to that effect ;-) I think it
would still be useful to have the "set target aspect ratio" that was
suggested.

Consider that you are creating a PAL project out of both NTSC and PAL footage
(can piave do this now? well, let's assume it can for the moment). We don't
want to have the size of the window jumping around at each cut, because when
we render the footage down, that isn't what will happen - it will be exported
to the PAL resolution. So, we should specify that we want all footage to be
displayed at the PAL aspect ratio so that we can see what it will look like.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood