[Kdenlive-devel] Problems with SAX parsers.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 21:10:21 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 8:27 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 07.01.03 23:38:06:
> > On Tuesday 07 Jan 2003 10:30 pm, booker wrote:
> > > Am Dienstag 07 Januar 2003 10:44 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> >
> > That means that kdenlive messed up the communication, and didn't recieve
> > the length of the clip from piave.
>
> Seems so, because the duration column in project list shows 'unknown'.
>
> > I am committing a new version of kdenlive as we speak, which should fix
> > this and all other communication problems. Check it out and let me know
> > if it works.
>
> Unfortunately no, because the project list shows still 'unknown'.

Just to check is the latest Piave installed, or you are running latest piave
from a console? (in other words, check that your not running an older version
of piave alongside latest kdenlive)

I have just added some extra debug info around the reading/parsing of data -
could you checkout the latest code and tell me what it says when you add a
file? (probably needs ./bootstrap to be run, I've added a few stub classes
for later development)

> Also this message was printed at the console when opening the 'add file'
> dialog :
>
> KDirWatch: /etc/security/fileshare.conf is a file. Use addFile!
>
> But I don't know if this is an important info.

KDirWatch is used by the open dialog, it is internal to KDE, not Kdenlive. You
can safely ignore, I think.

> btw - can you change the configuration of the 'add file' dialog this way he
> remember the last opened directory? Because it's a loooong way to the
> directory that containing my video sources ;-)

Heh I guess I can :-)

 Myself, I set up a a "video directory" on the quick access navigation panel
(F9) on the open dialog, so I haven't noticed since how long it takes to
navigate :-) But I will change it anyway.

Question - should the end directory also be stored in the configuration file
so that on exiting the program, you return to the previous directory that you
were working at?

> Ooops .... I think I found a bug right now, because after adding a file to
> the project list I tried the 'Open ...' dialog, but pressed the 'No'
> button, in the warning dialog, and kdenlive crashed

Erm, yes it appears that you have found a bug. I'll look into it right away.

> (the console shows no
> error message ... btw - the --help flag shows no special flag to print out
> more verbose/detailed error messages? Isn't there such a flag right now?).

There is no flag at the moment. I leave warning and error messages in place,
which should pick up any serious errors that occur, and they should always
show if your using debug builds (I really must start using assert()'s some
day though) but I tend to remove debug messages once I'm finished with them
because they generate a *huge* amount of console traffic, and slow kdenlive
to a crawl.

Cheers,
Jason

--