[Kdenlive-devel] A few new icons

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 12:33:56 UTC 2003

On Sunday 16 Feb 2003 12:18 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Saturday 15 February 2003 11:57 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > I've also made a few minor adjustments - kdenlive will now ask piave to
> > open an xv window, but whether the clip monitor or the workspace monitor
> > gets the xv window varies depending on which process happens to open
> > first. This will be fixed in the next couple of weeks.
>
> Cool. How are you going to do it?

At the moment, both monitor windows are asking piave for an xv window.
Whichever piave instance opens a window first get's the xv window, the other
one fails to get it and fallsback to rgb.

The fact that piave instances run in seperate processes means that you cannot
determine before hand which monitor is going to try and open it's window
first.

The solution is to force one window to be rgb by passing rgb instead of xv in
the create window call. The other one will stil request an xv monitor and hey
presto, I know exactly where the xv window is (assuming some other program
isn't using it of course).

Once I know which window has xv and which has rgb, it is a simple matter to
keep track of it and swap the windows around so that the monitor with focus
always uses the xv screen.

> > Remember that you will need to make install in order to see the new icons
> > and layout toolbar!
>
> works fine.

Great.

> > 2. The export timeline window needs to be finished. This is a fairly long
> > term problem, since it ties in closely with the development of new
> > formats within piave, of which there currently are none.
>
> The first thing could be a choice between PAL/NTSC . I am working on it.
> (err... I will be working on it as soon as I am back)

:-) If I get bored and run out of stuff to do, I'll start working on some
effect keyframe widgets.

Cheers,
Jason

--