[Kdenlive-devel] CVS update

Chris Clayton chris at theclaytons.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 22:34:33 UTC 2003

Jason/Rolf,

Hi again. It's a month or so since I last posted. I've left you to get on with
your development but stayed subscribed to the list and have been watching you
develop your ideas. I'm really pleased that you chose additional file formats
as the next stage of development, KDE lacks a quality video editing
application.

Jason's post about a new CVS commit convinced me it was time to grab Piave and
kdenlive from CVS again and try to build them. You will be pleased to know
that both built without a problem. I am still using GCC 2.95.3 but have
upgraded QT to 3.1.1 and KDE to 3.1 stable since your alpha releases.

There does seem to be a problem though. When I load a clip things don't work
as I would expect. In fact, the debug window keeps scrolling with new
content. It looks to me as if piave is being started but then fails and this
sequence just repeats until I clear the clip window. The clip I am loading is
.dv - one Rolf kindly made available for me to download (4x3-PAL.dv).

I have some output from the debug tab in kdenlive. It's a nearly 5000 line
text file so I've compressed it with bzip2 and attached it rather than
sending a huge long mail message. I hope this is OK.

Cheers,

Chris