[Kdenlive-devel] change in cutlist

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 12:21:52 UTC 2002

On Saturday 05 Oct 2002 10:02 am, Christian Berger wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2002 17:49 schrieben Sie:
> > On Wednesday 02 Oct 2002 12:48 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> > > Servus
> > >
> > > I'm sorry for not responding for such a long time, but I don't have
> > > regular internet access at the moment. Well...
> > > Would it be possible to allign the commands to character cells?
> > > Kinda like it was done in Cobol. This would make parsing a lot easier.
> >
> > It doesn't really make parsing any easier, it just makes the syntax of
> > the file stricter.
> >
> > I'd be more inclined to suggest using XML for the format instead, which
> > doesn't make it easier to code the parser :-) but that doesn't matter
> > because their are plenty of XML parsing libraries floating about that
> > can be used.
>
> Well OK, if I can find one which is easier to use than writing it myself
> we can do so. Maybe we can put the list of files into the <sceene> tag.

Essentially, I would suggest making each command we have at the moment into an
XML element. The scene tag would contain the command tags within it.

I am using the QT XML classes for the Kdenlive Project File (which is not the
same as the cutting list specification), but that would be overkill for the
cutter, which should not need to depend on QT.

Perhaps libxml?

http://xmlsoft.org/

> Sounds good, this also takes into account that the cutter should do all
> the "file-operations" by itself.

I have been thinking quite a lot about what exactly should and shouldn't be
part of the cutter. Expect another email shortly...

--
Jason Wood