[Kdenlive-devel] problem compiling piave

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Nov 29 08:49:21 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 10:48 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Thursday 28 Nov 2002 8:54 pm, booker wrote:
> > kdenserver.cc:190 WARNING: window not resizable
>
> Ignore this, it's unimportant
>
> > kdenserver.cc:203 WARNING: Can't find "resources/piave_logo_2.png"
>
> Oh yes, I had this problem. I created a symlink to the resources directory
> in the piave folder e.g. create a symlink
>
> ln -s piave/resources piave/piave/resources
>
> > kdenserver.cc:160 WARNING: VEML command didn't return ok
>
> I think this is a symptom of it not finding the picture above. I think it
> is saying that Piave didn't create a video window.
>
> > ... but  "resources/piave_logo_2.png" is at the right place.
>
> I am a little puzzled myself - Rolf can you enlighten me if creating
> symlinks is the correct solution for the moment?

;-) lol  !!  Ok, this is confusing, I agree!! ;-)))))

Easiest at the moment is:
Stay in one and the same directory, the src directory, i.e. the directory
where you call ./configure; make; etc...

>From there you should see
source files: ./libpiave/*.cc
resources:    ./resources/piave_logo_2.png
samples:      ../samples/4x3-PAL.dv          [ NOT IN CVS!]
              ../samples/ping-with-alpha.png

and to start the binary:    ./piave/piave -s

piave reads raw DV as produced by dvgrab. You can get a 50 frame sample here:

 www.dubitzky.de/piave/4x3-PAL.dv    [7MB]

> All of these problems should go away as soon as Kdenlive can pass a render
> tree to Piave, however.

Well, I did not think for a minute about how to "install" piave, i.e. I will
have to care about some real installation directories, so that piave can find
it's resources, and stuff ;-))))
I did not think that I would have to worry about such things that soon ;-)
very good!

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/