[Kdenlive-devel] Status of the User Interace.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 3 21:45:49 UTC 2002

Hi,

It just occured that I don't know if you've looked at the user interface yet
(it's not worth it at the moment) but here's basically what I plan for the
next several weeks - I've got my final year exams in the same period, so they
may have to take precedence though :-)

* Port what's already done to KDE 3. It shouldn't be too hard, but I've got a
few api problems to sort out, and I've spent most of this evening figuring
out how to convert the build process so that it works. I will commit when it
compiles on my machine.

* Add drag and drop - it should be possible to drag files from, e.g.,
konqueror and drop them on to the project window or onto the timeline, and it
should be possible to drag clips around. I'm not aiming on getting clips
working yet - just the code behind drag and drop so that it will all be easy
to implement when the time comes.

* Re-implement the aRts code that I took out because it didn't work in KDE 2
:-) Basically, this will turn the monitor window into a mp3/wav/ogg player.

* Start clip support to the timeline, and use arts to figure out how long the
files are.

--
Jason Wood
I knew I needed a break when I typed <Esc>:q! to close the browser