[Kdenlive-devel] status

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 04:32:50 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 17 Dec 2002 8:54 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > I think it would be a good idea to make a sourcecode release once the
> > Piave problems have been sorted out.  There's a slow but steady stream of
> > traffic through the Kdenlive website, I think it's time we show off what
> > we've got a little more and see if we can attract developers to our cause
> > :-)
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> In principle I agree, but ideally I would like to have something that can
> be used to really edit a small project. For that we need working DV output.
> Shouldn't be too difficult, since it was already working a while ago.

I think that is a good idea. Don't mind me, I got a little caught up with the
idea that we could make a release for xmas :-)

I can add the <render filename="rendered.dv"/> command to KRender in the next
hour or so - it's the only missing link.

then the sequence that Piave will recieve to render will be :

<setSceneList>
	<!--Scenelist goes here-->
</setSceneList>
<render filename="rendered.dv"/>

I noticed that in the current VEML Spec document, I forgot to rename
<setStoryBoard> to <setSceneList>. I'll update it, but just mentioning it in
case it causes trouble ;-)

> There
> are also a number of small suggestions I have for the GUI. I'll make a list
> of them next weekend. Other than that, I think we might go for an initial
> release. We have all the functionality that is described as "0.5" in your
> roadmap ;-)

Good point, I had forgotten to keep that roadmap up to date :-) Once we have
this "0.5" release ready, we'll have to take a look and decide exactly what
kind of features we want in the "1.0" version, and what should be left for
afterwards :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--