[Kdenlive-devel] scenelist

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 16:19:56 UTC 2002

On Sunday 01 Dec 2002 3:54 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 01 December 2002 04:21 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> >
> > On another count though, I'm going to profile the code I have written for
> > generating the scenes - I think it is taking a lot longer than it should
> > do, and I want to find out if this is the case, and if so, why.
> >
> > > I am not yet convinced that this XML via loopback is the right way to
> > > do it.
> >
> > Well, we are getting close to the time when we find out, I think :-)
>
> Are you working on the nullcutter, or should I start looking into the
> SAX/thread thing?

At the moment, I am more interested in writing the Kdenlive side of the
communication than the server side, probably because I am eager to get to a
point where we can say "here is Kdenlive Version 0.x, Here is Piave version
0.x, download them and enjoy" :-)

I was going to write the Nullcutter reference renderer afterwards.

The other point is that I am a little concerned about the scene generation at
the moment. I was expecting a small performance hit for transfering across
the network (and I believe that this is just a small performance hit), but I
wasn't expecting the generation of the entire scene list to be _quite_ as
slow as it is at the moment :-)

I think it may be necessary to add a new command "updateSceneList" which only
transmits the modified sections of the scene list, rather than transmitting
it fresh on each generation.

> I'll merge the text overlay tonight. Then I start looking
> into the threads, I wanted to learn that anyway. Another thing I am working
> at is moving the display from SDL surfaces to Xv (or SDL Overlay I'm not
> yet sure) I am missing some usefull documentation for the Xv extensions. Do
> you have a link to some docu?

Great! Sorry, but I have never looked into Xv extension.

--
Jason Wood