[Kdeev-books] Repositories

caleb at aei-tech.com caleb at aei-tech.com
Fri Sep 5 09:43:30 CEST 2003

A few months ago, a friend of mine and I kicked around the idea of starting a
web-site based around providing a "helpdesk" if you will for Qt and KDE
related topics.  We were initially toying with qt-tips.com (a play on the
american product Q-Tips).  The premise of the site was to provide a forum for
people to go and discuss Qt/KDE related programming questions.  We had thought
about using banner ads as a way of generating revenue, and also thought about
offering a "premium" content area which contained programming samples and more
in-depth tutorials on this topic.

Would something like this still be desirable, in the opinion of people
subscribed to this list?  I don't really have any firm vision on it, but it
seems like a place to go for this stuff would be desired.  The idea is to make
it freely available, but provide some premium content for those who would be
willing to pay for it (akin to what www.lwn.net does now).

I'm thinking that if I can get some people to go forward with this, that
perhaps we can use this as a knowledge repository for the book(s) development.

Comments?

Caleb